Major Market Host - Jack Ellery. It started in High school with WNBH, then to
Bates College and WCOU in ME. Then it was a fast track to bigger and bigger markets.
To return to Home Page click here
By his own description, Jack
started his career as a middle of the roader, politically. "When Reagan came into power and got involved with Iran-Contra, I started a drift to be more and more liberal."
- New York: WNBC, WOR, WNEW-AM. Jack was at WNBC in the 70's just before Imus.
He was at WNEW a short time later. His stint with WOR was in the mid 90's.
- Philadelphia: WWDP, WCAU, WIP. Jack was at WCAU just after WNBC. He did the 6-8PM show at WIP in the
early 80's. Two years later, he moved over to WWDB as an air talent/Ops Director
- Tampa: WFLA Jack left WWDB and accepted a job at WFLA, Tampa when Dolly Banks, the "DB" in WWDB died in the late 80's.
- New Jersey: WCTC In heavily populated NJ, Jack really made his mark.
- MONITOR with Joe Garagiola and Bill Cullen, 450 affiliates. While working at WNBC, Jack was invited to host Radio Monitor
- Sun Radio Network with 150 affiliates and People's Radio Network with 110 affiliates. After leaving WFLA in the 80's, Jack worked for a couple of years with these two startup satellite networks
- American Forces Radio Network, Frankfurt, Germany. While in the Army Jack was at AFN from 56-58. The broadcasts were heard from England to the Soviet Union.
- WNBH, New Bedford, MA - it was here that Jack started in radio.
- WCOU, Lewiston, ME. Jack helped work his way through college
- WMAS, Springfield, MA 1955-56 and 58-62